Show Empathy

     Last week, we watched a video on empathy and perspective in class. The video made its way through a hospital and focused each person it came to, and it stated a short sentence about what was going on in that particular person's life. It told us the reason behind the smile, the frown, the sobbing, the tears of joy, the worried look, and much more.
     I have always been told that you never know what was going on to make them act a certain way, but I guess I did not really and truly understand that until I watched this video. It grabs your attention and shows you what everyone in the hospital is going through, and you can't help but feel empathy. I think almost everyone in my class was on the verge of tears. I know I was. I put myself in every situation that came on the screen to really understand what you couldn't see by just looking at that person.
     From watching this video, I fully understand now that you really don't know what is going on behind the scenes of someone's life. I don't ever want to forget what I saw in this video. I want to always keep that in mind and show empathy towards everyone I come in to contact with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NeuroNote 1

What is the OTPF?

NeuroNote 4