Neuronote 3


            I listened to the audiobook, Tuesdays with Morrie, by Mitch Albom. In the book, Mitch Albom meets with his old professor and friend, Morrie Schwartz, after Mitch discovers that Morrie has ALS. Mitch hasn’t seen his old professor in ten years, but finds out that Morrie has ALS while scrolling through TV channels and seeing him in an interview. Mitch starts meeting with Morrie every Tuesday, rekindling their friendship, and Mitch records their conversations which he then uses to write the book.
            I chose to listen to Tuesdays with Morrie because I have been wanting to read that book for a while, but I just haven’t had time. I realized that with the amount of time I spend in the car or walking my dog I could listen to the book while doing those activities. I also chose to listen to this book because one of my best friend’s dad was diagnosed with ALS, and ever since then I have been very interested in learning more about the disease. I thought that this book would be a good one to read because it is from the perspective of a person with ALS.
            Something I took away from this book was the way the Morrie Schwartz presented himself. He didn’t let the disease bring him down. He stayed focused on the life he had left to live and stayed in good spirits throughout the time he had left. He continued giving to others and loving others. The way he presented himself really stuck out to me because I feel like a lot of people who are diagnosed with a disease like ALS quit caring about the life they have left. Morrie Schwartz inspires me to inspire my future clients to continue living their lives to fullest and to not give up on what time they have left.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NeuroNote 1

What is the OTPF?

NeuroNote 4